Sunday, June 6, 2010

Road trip to Maine....

<span class=

<span class=


<span class=


<span class=

Maine is gorgeous in the summer. Route 1 stretches from Southern to Northern Maine and includes a scenic drive filled with exits for beaches and seafood shacks. During undergrad it was a summer tradition of mine to venture up Route 1 to visit friends. With work & school I have been neglecting my annual road trip.

I attended my dear friend Am's wedding in Berwick. A lot of my sorority sisters were there and I had we had an awesome time being silly, reminiscing, and shakin' it on the dance floow.

After Berwick I went up to Augusta to meet up with some long-time girlfriends from undergrad. We went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant and enjoyed "wicked" potent margaritas. I even tried homemade pork carnitas for the first time. Fabulous!

I also saw one of my friend Anna and her husband Ken for the 1st time in almost 5 years...we watched horror movies, had fried scallops, and she cooked me a delicious pork-loin meal in her brand new home. She lives about 2 miles from this gorgeous beach off of Route 1 which is pictured above. Love it!

I took the last picture over the bay on my drive back to NY from Anna's house. I snapped it through the passenger window while crossing a bridge on Route 1. The sunrise so serene and leaves me feeling calm and nostalgic for the next time I visit...

Thanks to Anna & Ken, Ruth, Amanda, Megan, Sierra, Am, Katie, and the Michelles- it was great to see everyone!