You will need:
- a medium pot, vegetable peeler, measuring cup, large spoon
- 1 package udon noodles
- 1 package chicken boullion (some udon noodles already come with a packet of flavoring which you can use instead)
- one medium carrot
- 1 tbs parsley
- 2 tbs rice wine
- 1/4 pound of fish tofu
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp old bay
- Adobo and pepper to taste
1. STEP ONE: Assemble your ingredients (above) and fish tofu (below).
2. Bring a pot of 1 cup of water to a boil over high heat.
3. Add your fish tofu (below) and udon noodles, and bring to a boil (about 3-4 minutes).
4. Use the vegetable peeler to add pieces of shaved carrot. Add your parsley, garlic powder, old bay, and boullion. Continue to boil for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add rice wine and stir gently. Add salt (adobo is my salt) and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Allow to cool in pot for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.
6. Pour into a large soup bowl (should make about 3-4 servings).